KresoF1:

One other thing that currently keeps me from PDK is that I have more then one car in family. Adapting is nice thing, but I am wondering if PDK even in Sport mode is doing things right. Gearchange strategy is sometimes totally strange and maybe even totally wrong. With manual I can choose shifting speed and throttle input that way I want and adapt to my driving style in split second. YES, PDK is doing just that as well... BUT, for more then one occasion PDKs AI choose pretty strange gearchange points when I drove it. Final verdict is-PDK is great and is designed to be used 99% of time in D mode. Some will argue with me on this-but, this is the fact.

As you may know, my wife drives a BMW M3 Cab DKG. The auto mode of DKG sucks bigtime, it is not as good as the PDK auto mode, even if you adjust it to the sportiest setting.

Driving DKG in manual mode is a treat though, I just love it. Upshifts are extremely fast and shifting without releasing the throttle is so much fun too.

My wife didn't complaint at all about the DKG auto mode, she usually lets in the comfort setting (two display bars) and she is happy with it. I drove this setting a couple of times and hate it.

Bottom line is: the PDK setup is pretty good, not perfect but good. The auto mode works pretty well and imitates the Tiptronic pretty well. Yes, PDK is supposed to replace Tiptronic in the first place but the truth is, it could easily replace manual too if Porsche would finally go for a more aggressive programming in sport mode.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW