nberry:

I never stated that the GT-R was a better car than a CGT. But the reality regarding stated purposes of the two cars does lead one to believe the GT-R is a performance car in the same league as the CGT. The CGT is a beast to drive and unless you are very skilled, in most track functions, you will be faster in the GT-R.

So if your goal is to track a car at your fastest possible speed more than likely you will do it in a GT-R and not in the CGT. That said, if I had to own one super sport car today it would be the CGT (especially of it had PSM),

Never buy a car that is too much for you to handle unless it is your GT car. The CGT is for 95% of the drivers too much to handle. Thus, for practicality the GT-R has it over the CGT.It is what it is.

You might be right if we are talking about a very unskilled driver. However, I can tell you (just as an example) that I am definitively "slow" and "unskilled" compared to true professionals. However, a colleague who now got his GTR is quite a good driver. He, just as an example, does the Leipzig track in about 1.50-1.51 in his GTR. I do a 1.48 in a GT2. If I had the skills of a WR or similar I could do a 1.43 in my car (thus being 5s quicker). Still, I am 2-3s faster than this colleague in the GTR. Despite my lack of talent.

I am just stating this to illustrate how bad a driver you need to be to be faster in a GTR than in a GT2 (or CGT)...