I know that my 2008 987S with a manual factory short-shifter can do 0-60 in 4.8 seconds.   I have no doubt that the more powerful 310 hp '09 with PDK  in launch mode can achieve the same in 4.3 seconds.   Porsche is  conservative in their published performance numbers, which I believe is 4.8 seconds for an '09 with PDK and Sport Chrono, and not 6.8 as stated above.   As I recall, in the August 2005 edition of Road & Track, they were able to record a 3.9 second 0 to 60 with a manual '06 997S!   I thought that 3.9 seconds was truly unbelievable for a stock 997S, but Road and Track stuck by this number for years, some even suggested that Porsche supplied them with a particularly fast example.   In contrast, some auto makers are a bit optimistic with their published numbers.   For instance, Lotus quotes a 4.3 second 0-60 time for their Elise SC, and the testers typically achieve 4.6 seconds.  Not one tester that I am aware of recorded a 4.3 0-60 time.     Lastly, if I am not mistaken the July Issue of Road & Track  is quoting a 4.1 second 0 to 60 for an '09 Porsche 987S with PDK.  Simply put, the Boxster has always been a much faster car than even Porsche is ready to admit.

vincesf