cannga:

1. Your opinion by definition has very little effect on how I like my car; your concern therefore is not necessary. But thanks anyway. Smiley  I personally think it's been a reasonable discussion, with you, but it's your right to give last words and stop posting here.

OK so last post on your stuff, not on mine

3. GT2 struggling to keep up with Stage 2 Turbo? Ok, possible. But how do we know it's not a bad driver on the other car, that his wife was not yelling at him to slow down, that he's not on a cell phone? Story like this is nice, but really, the only way to prove your OWN car's greatness is, PBOX times. Anecdotal stories are fun and useless.

Firstly there were 2 guys in the GT2, so no wives (apart from in mine - who did incidentally did tell me to slow down!).  Secondly he was right up my back bumper before I started accelerating and when we got to the dual carriageway actually pulled out into the overtaking lane to pass me.  It was at this point I put my foot down (in non-sport mode, so limited to 1.0 bar boost).  He then sat in the overtaking lane, slowly falling back.  Not scientific I know, as he probably wasn't in sport mode either, but I am sure I surprised the hell out of him as it should have been a no contest win for the GT2.

>>>>
Even the MPG increased!
>>>>

4. OK Alex I am going to bold face this, not to taunt, but only to emphasize the danger of unbridled enthusiasm for a particularly brand, and how useless these discussions have become as a result. You are telling me your car now is so fast that a GT2 has trouble keeping up, that it supposedly has 544 horsepower, and it has better MPG than the old car. I won't ask you any question since you already gave words that this were your last post on this thread.

I am not saying that if I use all 544 horses constantly then I get better fuel economy.  What I am saying is that if I drive the car the same as I did before (first 2500 from factory) from point A to point B on normal public roads then the car is so much smoother that my average is now better.  This to me is a great measure of 'tuning'...

--

Click for bigger picture!