MKSGR:
fritz:
TB993tt:
intouch1:

actually not.....it lights up wel before you hit the rev limiter. more in line with peak toqrue/rpm.

i find myself always shifting later than the light comes on......

I think I am talking about second/third gear, this is where you seem to get ~0.5s between shift light and rev limiter - higher gears are more relaxed but not used so often in the UKSmiley

If I am not mistaken, the light is timed to come on further ahead of the rev limiter trigger point in lower gears than in higher gears (at least in terms of the "rpm-delta" if not in terms of time), to allow for the different rates of acceleration in the various gears.

Is that in order to take into account the expected time until the driver has actually changed the gear or in order to get the best possible acceleration given the shape of the hp curve and the gearing Smiley

Why should it be a question of "either / or"? Smiley

If the "resources" available have been used to the optimum, then getting the best possible acceleration out of the available engine output involves accounting for the time required  by the driver to react to the light and to actually initiate the shift.  Smiley

You regularly drive a GT2. Have you had any cause to doubt that?  Smiley

--

fritz