Pentium:

Here are my personal opinions after long test drives:

1. best simulated manual feel: the Scuderia gearbox (by far the winner)

2. best manual feel of one of those double-clutch gearboxes: Ferrari's DCT

3. best auto mode: Porsche's PDK on auto Sport+ mode

I don't think I am going to switch my Scuderia for a DCT-Turbo 450.

And if I am going to buy a Porsche, it will be manual.

DCT are for now the best GT gearboxes, not the best gearboxes for a "driver's car" like a GT3 or a Scuderia.

Very good and honest opinion.

To add few things about PDK and Cali DCT...

PDK:

-to me(and maybe it is just my personal observation) it seems that PDK likes much more to be used in D(auto) modes then in manual. Be is standards, Sport or Sport +.

-best auto mode is again IMHO not Sport+ since it is not very good for everyday use. On the track or very spirited country road driving Sport+ is the best mode(in auto D). For everyday use stick with Sport mode only.

-minor drive off clunking when car is cold. More prone to this on cold(winter) weather then in summer. Just, I had this experince two days ago and brand new C4S(btw, I am thinking about C4S PDK since my dealer have few on them on stock)...

-I am now more sure then ever-PDK is designed as TIP replacment and key importance was Auto mode usage.

-manual remains better option for pursits and true enthusiasts.

Cali DCT:

-works very good in manual mode. Interesting enough it has nothing to do with paddles IMO. Just, Ferrari payed more attention to manual mode execution then Porsche in PDK.

-auto mode is very good, BUT PDKs Sport and Sport+ are better(Sport+ really better, Sport almost equal to Cali DCTs auto mode).

-not very nice hesitation on uphill start.

-overall pretty good-just in drivers involvement very far from F1 Superfast in Scud.

Regarding drive-off clunking or uphill start hesitation. It is pretty common thing to all DCTs. Also they are not as smooth on parking speed as automatic or very good driver with manual. Belive it or not the best DCTs for everyday use are VW DSGs in various models. They are not as good as others(PDK or DCT) on fast driving but, are better on slow/city driving and on drive-off/parking speed situations.