easy_rider911:
RC:

I still think that with the introduction of SUVs, limousines are practically obsolete.  

There is still the 'corporate' market - which is still an important part of the equation. A lot of senior execs in major companies still need limos as their chauffeur cars. Many also still want similar cars for their family use - although some have moved to SUVs Smiley

Tha SUV market share has grow in the past few years, but it hasn't killed the sedan one. I see more 3 and 5 -series than thei equivallent SUVs. There way more sedans than SUV on the raod, and it's not going to change.

I, for myself, hate SUV. They are useless, more expensive and less fun than their equivallent sedans or estates (breaks) versions. Take an A6 estate. Far cheaper that a Q7, better handling and better looks, less fuel consumption, easier to park...

Same story with an X5 and the equivallent 5-series. Same story with the X3 and the equivallent 3-series.Same story with a Q5 and  the equivallent A4.

Yes, you light have a bigger boot, but an A6 estate's boot is titanesc. If you have three children, than an SUV might be useful. Otherwise, it's a complete waste of money and energy (gaz).