MMD:

Yes!  Assuming reducing lift is the same as adding downforce, now I know I can strap approximately 136 kg of premixed concrete or cat litter  to the wing/luggage rack for transport home without breaking it .

Smiley

Unfortunately they're probably not the same. Smiley

If you are really interested, downforce is in fact negative lift.
When aerodynamic lift is reduced (by using such sensible measures as spoilers) to a value below zero, then it starts to distance itself from its nasty reputation for destabilizing cars at high speed by calling itself downforce.

136kg of kitty litter has the undesirable side-effect of increasing the car's inertia. As well as the desired increase of the load on the tire contact patches, it would also surely increase the car's aerodynamic drag. I wouldn't like to predict its influence on aerodynamic downforce when transported on the rear wing  without first seeing the results of a windtunnel test.

I would therefore recommend you transport the kitty litter in your car's front trunk. I have only ever transported three 20kg sacks at any time, having just one reasonably continent cat, so cannot confirm whether or not you will have to make 2 trips to the store to be able to bring home your whole shipment of 136 kg.

--

fritz