Heist:
easy_rider911:
Heist:

Someone pays you $22MM a year. Then they tell you to lie because it'll benefit the team.

What would you do? You'd lie.  He was given team orders to lie.

Not me Heist. "Ethics" - it's what anyone with a professional approach to their work should have and should implement. Smiley

Well, it's probably easy for you to say that now.

Rewind the clock to when you were 23 and maybe not as finacially well off.

You come from a middle class background, and suddenly you've got your dream job - making tens of millions overnight and your employer is where you always wanted to work.

Your employer tells you to tell this little white lie for the team ...  It's not murder. It's not rape. Just a little something that'll benefit you and the team, kid. Be a team player.

How strong do you think your moral convictions would have been? Smiley

Just as strong as they are now, Heist.  You obviously don't have any idea what kind of person I am at all. I've lived my life since childhood guided by my principles.

IMO people don't suddenly develop greater moral convictions as they become more financially comfortable (and therefore less hungry for success). Moral convictions are usually formed during our early formative years - they become part of our identity since they help define who we are and what we stand for.

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection