rantanplan:

Lets not forget that PDK is not meant to replace stick shift but to replace the AUTO transmission. And thats what it is, a perfectly fine AUTO box where, if you intervene, u would only slow things down...

...and that is the truth. Even HvS admit in 997.2CS Supertest that fastest lap was achieved in Sport Plus D mode.

I drove PDK car three times(two extensive more then 200km lomg sessions) and it is great transmission. Just, it is TIP replacment, not manual replacement.

One other thing that currently keeps me from PDK is that I have more then one car in family. Adapting is nice thing, but I am wondering if PDK even in Sport mode is doing things right. Gearchange strategy is sometimes totally strange and maybe even totally wrong. With manual I can choose shifting speed and throttle input that way I want and adapt to my driving style in split second. YES, PDK is doing just that as well... BUT, for more then one occasion PDKs AI choose pretty strange gearchange points when I drove it. Final verdict is-PDK is great and is designed to be used 99% of time in D mode. Some will argue with me on this-but, this is the fact.