clewsey:

I've now done 4.5k mile in my CS PDK and I have to say that I use the buttons without any problems. I have to confess at not using the stick unless necessary but having just been on some fantastic B-roads in Northumberland the car in Sport/S+ was fantastic and the drives rewarding (even with puddle buttons).  

I've used it in manual mode for the majority of my ownership and whilst Normal mode is boring, it's fine when on the motorway. 

I've had many manuals in my time and whilst I'm sure Porsche will continue to improve the gearbox I don't regret buying a PDK as it just makes the car feel very fast and responsive.  I'll be tracking it soon so will see how it fairs but I wouldn't personally go back to a manual. I've not had any issue with the gearbox either.  

Agree with 7th gear, it's an overdrive so it will feel flat but on a motorway it has a place. 

Cheers, Simon 

--

+1

Exactly my assessment.

The Normal mode and 7th might be boring but on a speed limited busy motorway why not save some fuel and relax. And anyway you can change the mode at the press of a button.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts