amazon:

You guys crack me up.

A porsche doesn't really need to be much faster than it is.

What it lacks is a driver able to use all it's power... who cares if it's 0.1s faster than the pre FL. You won't feel it anyway. What you need is to learn how to drive it at it's limit. I bet most rennteamers just drive it fast, but no where near its limits.

That' why I prefer a GT3 over a turbo. It might not be as powerfull as a turbo but it will give you so much more pleasure, even if you're driving it slow, like an rookie would. 

I agree that 0.1 or 0.2s faster to 60mph you aren't going to feel between a 997.1 Turbo and a 997.2 one.  However I don't see how you can bring a GT3 into the comparison.

The attraction of a Turbo over a GT3 is the 'point-and-shoot' ability.  Most Turbo owners aren't interested in handling at the limit, they care about G forces OUT of corners not through them. And given the massive toque difference between a N/A 911 and a Turbo charged one, there is no comparison on this feeling.  Seat of the pants acceleration feel is all about the torque...

And how exactly does a GT3 feel good driving slow?  I'm confused smiley00076.gif

--

Click for bigger picture!