EricAlain:

Hi Whoopsy,

Don't dream of Panamera being priced like the Cayenne .... Check the other thread.

Regarding the size of the waiting list, it's not what I was told...

The waiting list may be different from market to market but I think that some earlier pre-orders will be cancelled due to the current financial crisis worldwide. I also think that many people, like myself, initially thought that the Panamera will be priced similar to the Cayenne and I suppose that all rumors are indicating that this ain't going to happen, unfortunately. 20000 Panamera in the first year? I can't argue with production estimates but I'm really not sure if the cars finally going brandnew to customers will be in that range. I also get the feeling, the Cayenne is the best example, that numbers don't say much these days. Only one thing is for sure: apparently Porsche US new car sales dropped by 35% or so last month. It will be a tough year for Porsche, no matter how many good cars they put on the market. If they ignore the current situation (like some dealers, incl. mine, seem to do), at the end of this year, it will be a real nightmare for them.
--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW