ALDO:
reginos:

The X6 is something new to cars so it is natural that it attracts attention even out of curiosity. My compliments to BMW for finding this niche.

However, BMW and Mercedes are mainstream manufacturers with large volumes and they can produce many variations within the same type of vehicle. Porsche don't have this luxury. IMO the GTS handles slightly less than the X6 but has many other advantages in space and off road ability, so for me it is overall a better proposition if you have to own one car. The X6 due to its unusual for now shape has a curiosity value. It will be "famous" for the next 6 months until its novelty fades.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

The X6 has 20 Lit. more carriage space than GTS. The seats inside are much more spacious in the X6 compared to the GTS. Regarding off-road capability, did you ever try to ride off-road with high-performance tyres mounted on X6 or GTS, ..? When off-road then take a SUV with height adjustment possibilities not a lowered SUV like GTS.

The X6 has two disadvantages compared to the GTS: - the weigth and the consumption in both cases the GTS is positioned higher Smiley

--

AM

I've taken a Cayenne S off-road on a very demanding course with M+S tyres and it was excellent. As good as a tough japanese off-roader.  Also the GTS can be ordered with height adjustable air suspension too.

The X6 handles little better on the road.

I didn'tknow about the extra luggage space of the X6 but perhaps the shape of the rear makes this extra space less useable.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts