Excmag,

I just read your 'book length' forum entry from 12/30 re suspension tuning on TT's. Very helpful and informative. I also didn't realized that the editor of Excellence lives in the Bay Area. One of the best spots on earth for sports cars.

The writeup comes at a perfect time in that, after reading some of the posts from Cannga,  I just indulged in a Damptronic/H&R (roll) upgrade for my 997S Cab, and am in the fine tuning phase - ride height, corner weighting and alignment. I'm sure for the experts, starting with a Cab as a base causes a raising of one or both eyebrows, but see previous comment about the Bay Area being a great place to drive an (open) sports car.

I'm just an amateur, and don't currently plan to track the car, but the changes are remarkably transformative, as Cannga notes. It's both softer and firmer at the same time. At first blush, I do worry that an even stiffer set of sway bars would be preferred, but I'm really looking forward to finalizing the setup after is all settles down. That said,  I'm already stunned that Porsche doesn't make the Damptronic either standard or optional components for the car. Like you (I think), I question the value of the PASM system. It's hard to believe that dynamic revalving can work with a single spring type - and so everything must be a compromise. But the PASM with Damptronic (both standard and firm) seem a much better solution than the stock one.

Anyway, thank you again, and any tips and recommendations on this setup would be appreciated.