Hello guys,

I know a lot of rennteamers here have done this mod already and from what ive read it seems like the engine revs a bit more freely at the upper end and also sounds a little better at the lower end.

My car is a Tiptronic '08 997S with PSE installed, everything else engine wise is standard. I went to the Porsche dealership to order the Headers ONLY from the X51 kit, but they said they needed the permission of some engineer guy and I should talk to him first.

So off I went, and talked to the guy. He seemed to have an awful lot of experience, having built race engines for Honda and varios other companies. He went through and explained a lot, drawing diagrams etc, on why its not a good idea to fit the X51 headers on my car without the rest of the powerkit. Im not a very technical guy, but basically his argument was that it could damage the flow through the engine if one end has more capacity than the other etc. He said he has tried fitting larger headers on many many engines and without a complete change of other neccesary parts, it always resulted in engine problems. So if I really wanted to fit the headers, I should really be fitting the entire powerkit.

He did say however that he has never specifically tried the X51 headers on a 997 engine, but he still strongly didnt recommend it.

So im not too sure about it anymore. Does anyone know how true this guys conclusion is that it might hurt the car? Has anybody here fitted the X51 headers ALONE (without adding the airbox or any other x51 powerkit components) and had any problems at all with their car? I really would like a better sound, and although the PSE was  great at the beginning, its not loud enough anymore!! :)

Also, are there any recommendations on how I should go about with it. I will have the headers installed in the Porsche garage, so would it be a good idea to order any other parts with the headers too from the x51 kit without increasing the price too much?