Le Chef:

I've had the same situation happen to me after washing the car and driving in heavy rain. But I have standard "Big Red" steel rotors.

You would have to do a parallel test in a controlled environment to see if PCCB's were any different. If PCCB's were worse I'm sure in litigation happy America there would be stickers and warning signs and things to sign all over the car. 

You can only conclude from limited evidence that the braking performance was probably unexpected, not that it was worse than steel rotors.

Without wanting to seem a sycophant Smiley,  I think that your statement "that the braking performance was probably unexpected" is an astute observation.

I have noticed when braking with water-soaked rotors that I get the sensation that the car briefly speeds up slightly. Since Newton tells me that this is impossible if I don't put my foot on the throttle as well as the brake ("conservation of energy" and all that good stuff), I have concluded that this sensation results from the fact that I'm psyched up for a deceleration of the car which does not materialize until a few hundredths of a second later. I think that the adrenaline rush resulting from this "unexpected" reaction makes the time lag seem much longer than it really is.

I should mention that I initially made these observations before I had ever heard of ceramic brakes. After reading other drivers' comments on the "wet road" performance of ceramic brakes, I used the opportunity when driving borrowed cars with ceramic brakes to do unscientific, non-instrumented "tests" to see if the problem was especially acute. My conclusion was that the sensation was no different than I remembered it from cars equipped with cast-iron rotors.        

--
fritz