Parky:

Thanks for the advice, Can. That is actually what I'm leaning towards since I would probably lose too much on my trade and I'm still perfectly ecstatic about my new Turbo.

Should I upgrade my standard Turbo wheels to silver or matte gray painted GT3 wheels? The rears on the GT3s are wider so it may improve the stance? Any thoughts given that you seem to have upgraded the wheels on yours in the photo?

You are welcome. Ahh... the wheels. Have you come to the right person!
Yes as a matter of fact wheels is actually my specialty; I would confidently say that I have looked at and *studied*  every wheel out there Smiley. First the warning: Strictly a matter of taste; there is no "best" wheel. OTOH I think I could guide you in the general direction since I've wasted so much time looking at them. GT3 wheels are great but have fallen out of favor because it weighs too much. The latest & most popular after-market wheels share 4 things in common: Forged, lighter than stock, no lip, cost ~5k or below. They are:

1. Champion RS171.
2. HRE P40 (mesh - my wheel), P43 (11 single spoke), P47 (Ferrari like - 5 double spoke), P41 (9 double spoke).
3. PES GP7
4. Porsche has recently released the RS Spyder Wheel with center bolt. A little boring but it's OEM and the center bolt is cool. No body knows the weight, whether it's forged or cast, and how user-friendly the center bolt is. So the jury is out on this one -- be careful.

I would recommend choice 1 to 4 above -- all have great reputation; and wouldn't bother with other companies.
Among those 4, you should be able to choose a design to your liking. I would also recommend that you stay with stock size as who knows what gets thrown out of balance when you change those parameters.

There are others: Dymags, Manthey, Neez, etc., but all these are in the 8-9k plus range. Champion recently released a couple of new forged wheels but they look strange and nothing like the RS171. There is a new player in the US, AMT. The real thing and not one of those dime-a-dozen resellers/assemblers. But the designs are nothing to write home about.
And last and definitely not least, my latest love: A recent release and the wheel I would have on my next car, HRE P41.

hrep41monoblok1.jpg

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein PSS10 (Review) + Cargraphic Exhaust (Heavenly Race Car Noise Smiley Review)