RC:
Wonderbar:

Thanks Mark, for all this good information.  I will reconsider the pano roof, but it seems an expensive option that I will not use often.  I had a sunroof on my last 997 Carrera S, and my 996TT, and opened it very rarely. 

A few questions--does the pano roof open well back over the rear seats?  Do rear passengers enjoy it? 

Thanks...

Our kids enjoy the panoramic roof a lot, closed or opened. Unfortunately it really makes a difference only when it is very warm outside and you can open it.

So if you're living in a region with a lot of sun and you enjoy driving with the top open, the panoramic roof is a must and highly enjoyable. Otherwise, the simple sunroof will do the job just fine. Because of the resale value, I wouldn't order a car without any sunroof, this could be a dealbreaker under certain situations.

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Hi Wonderbar,

I agree with RC as my 4 (almost 5) year old loves the panoramic sunroof as he can spot the planes in the sky (giving me an earful in the process, hi hi). Indeed it is depending a bit on the weather where you are as I hardly open my moon in the summer as it is just too hot over here. Currently (winter in Oman) I have the panoramic sunroof open almost all the time and we love it. 

Referring to 'how far the panoramic roof opens' although it is a three panel roof, the first two only open fully (basically slide over the third one) but still the opening slot is massive and gives a nice feel of being with nature (so to speak) 

Another nice thing is that the panoramic roof comes with a 'see through' shutter panel, this blocks the sun light with closed but still allows a bit of light to get through, so the moon roof closed is still a nice feature. Indeed quite pricy but still worthwhile IMO. Remember that if you are in hot climates the panoramic sun roof doesn't come with Porsches heat reflective glass (rather strange I would say) it is basically safety glass and in warm/hot climates will help heating up your car rather quickly. Although my CTT08 had already Porsches double glazing I also had my whole car 'V-Kooled' (reflective film to radiate heat on the inside of the glass), hence the moon roof was done as well. Putting the reflective film on the glass helps a great deal, definitely recommendable, also it helps keeping your car cool on the school run (delays the heat building up). My wife’s Landcruiser doesn't have it and I clearly notice the difference, any ideas how I can convince wifie to have her car 'V kooled' as well (smile)

Apologies for the delay, just back from a nice weekend in the new Atlantis Hotel on the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai, great experience!!!

Cheers,

Mark 
--
2008 Cayenne Turbo 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) 2007 Landcruiser Prado 1997 Wrangler TJ 1957 LR