I'm afraid that a fully loaded Panamera weights over 100 kg more than a "naked" car. I may be wrong but this is what I heard from various sources. Of course it doesn't really matter if a car weights 2 tons or 2.1 tons but I expect a Porsche sports limousine to be lighter than similar models from the competition. I know that even Porsche "cooks with water" only and that the technology used can't be much different to competitor.

Additional weight also means additiona fuel consumption (not that I really care on such a car) and especially less agility/sportiness. This can be compensated by a clever chassis/electronic suspension management, no doubt about it but I wish these cars were fast even without electronic gimmicks.

I'm pretty sure that he Panamera is going to be the hell of a sports limousine and I already heard about an under 8 Min. track time on the Nordschleife for the Panamera Turbo, which would be pretty impressive for a limousine. Still: the weight is essential from many points of view and I just hope that the Panamera will not exceed 2 tons.

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW