Hi guys - just a couple of things I wanted to add to this thread...

I gave my car a really thorough cleaning yesterday - a real labour of love - and it looks like new again. I think having a clean car makes driving somewhere in it more of an 'event'. But the main thing I find is that it feels much better when I have cleaned it myself rather than if someone else has done it. One has the satisfaction of knowing it is really clean! It's funny - there's something really therapeutic about cleaning one's car. Plus spending hours cleaning it really rejuvenates one's love for the car.

Another thing I have noticed since having the engine oil changed. The engine oil in my car (prior to the oil change) used to warm up faster. Now, it takes longer before the engine oil has reached an operating temperature of 90C. I assume this is normal - it's Mobil 1 0W-40. I assume it's because the previous oil had less viscosity left and had gone thin. Whereas this new engine oil is still hardly used and hardly degraded so it takes longer to warm up. Any thoughts on this?

--
997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection: I love this car!!!