RC:
I saw the car live and I'm still not a believer. The rear is what I have a problem with, it somehow doesn't fit a limousine of this size. The Mercedes CLS is more streamlined, the proportions are practically perfect. Maybe Porsche wanted (intentionally) to create some sort of "rubbing point" with the rear, so the car doesn't get boring. I still think that the rear isn't a design masterpiece, things have been rushed. I remember that there were three variants of the Panamera design to "choose" from, and although I have to admit that the Panamera looks very special, the rear looks somehow, I don't know, like a big fat butt. Smiley
--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC, IMO it is wrong to try to break down an object in small pieces of design and view each one in isolation and try to find weaknesses.

It is the overall impression that counts and I think it is positive. I see this car as overall unique and special and one  that will not pass next to you and go unnoticed or mistaken for something else. Sometimes from a distance I mistake the various models of M-Bs or Audi for example

It is the same with human beings. You are attracted to the overall appearance of someone, although one or more of her individual facial or body features might not be perfect in isolation.