Carlos from Spain:
the Porsche badge means little to me, a 240HP diesel engine is the straw that broke the camel's back.

--

Unfortunately the Porsche badge means a lot to other people. I know a couple of Cayenne owners who bought a Cayenne only because of the Porsche badge. I bet they regret now buying a Cayenne. Smiley

I also know potential customers for the Panamera. Some of them don't even want to know how good or bad this car is, it has a Porsche badge, this is all what counts.

I always loved Porsche but I couldn't care less about the badge. This july, when we went for a BMW M3 Cab instead of a 997 Carrera Cab FL, it was a tough decision for me. I wanted the Porsche badly and the dealer was giving me a good deal but in the end, the BMW was the cheaper, less attraction catching, family friendly car.

Porsche sold too many cars and lost exclusivity. I have to admit that I actually wouldn't care because I enjoy driving these cars, I don't count resale value. On the other hand I'm not willing to pay a premium price for a car which I meet at almost every corner of my town.

Right now, considering the technology and fun to drive, I think that BMW gives customers a great value for their money. A value not even Audi can provide. Mercedes is a different story, they lost the momentum of time, their cars are considered "old people" cars, I can't identify myself anymore with Mercedes.

Porsche needs to give the customers a better value for their money.

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW