fritz:
Alex_997TT:

Just got the quote for replacing the back bumper and re-painting whole back of the car so the colours match: £2400 !!!!

I feel sick

The Police better find this guy.

--
MY2008 997 Turbo - Cargraphic stage II powerkit (544PS/798Nm) | HRE P40's | Bilstein Damptronics | GMC Sway/Toe-steer/Dog-bone kits

After seeing your photograph of the damage, I am amazed that the repair shop wants to repaint the rear of the car to blend in the color match.

Like Lars (post above), I went through a phase where other people were using my Porsche to stop their cars. Three minor rear collisions repaired by replacing the outer plastic rear bumper, and never any issues with color match. The costs for that should be nearer half the 2400 pounds you have been quoted. 

--
fritz

I didn't mention that my biggest concern with "blending" new and old paint on the (steel) rear panels of the car would be the risk of discoloration of the blended areas with aging.

If just the bumper paint were new, this issue would still be "well-contained", if it should arise at all at a later date.

--
fritz