Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:
Quote:
Walter said:
Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:
Where you got those figures from is beyond me. I can show you 3 publications that hve the Z06 hitting 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, and at least a half dozen more that show 0-60 in 3.6 to 3.8. And as far as your bet on the ring goes, if they test a stock 997TT with stock tires against a stock Z06, I will bet you the house, the farm or anything else that the Z will smoke the TT. Remember, I own a Z06 and also drive my buddys 2005 996TT 6 speed quite often. The Z just smokes the TT in every competition. And remember this: the new Z06 is based almost completely on the C6R which is destroying all competition on the track its first year out of the box!!! Still want to bet?????

Race cars and stock have NOTHING in common,no matter what GM says.
How many factory cars has Chevrolet beaten?FYI Ferraris and Aston Martins are from Prodrive.If GM really is that good in motorsports why isn't Chevrolet competing in the prototype classes?
And yeah,I say the 997 Turbo will be 10 seconds faster than the Z06.

And yeah, if you think that, than you are an [censored]! The Z06 is dynoing at close to 550hp, (NOT 505),500 fp of torque, weighs 300 pounds less that the 997TT, and the handling is bread from the C6R. The Z, as said in many articles, is truly a race car for the street! So, with that in mind, why would the 997TT beat the Z by 10 seconds??? Face it...your all mighty Turbo Porsche has more than met its match!!!

Please, don't call our members names. You just presene yourself as an immature jerk, who is trying to play with the big boys, by behaving this way.
You can scream from the top of your lungs about the Z06 being race-bred, having 550 HP and so on, but as things stand right now, the baby brothers of the C6Z and the 997TT have posted times of 8:17 and 8:05 in favor of Porsche.
Until we see confirmed times of both cars, we'll just have to go by the currently available data. Not saying that the Z can't be faster, but as things stand right now, you don't have much to brag about in the way of Nurburgring times.

The 8:05 is the time of the 997s - not 997TT (at least I hope so )