According to the people I talked to, incl. Daniel Abt (ABT will soon offer their first new R8 engine tuning), the current V10 engine in it's original n/a form (without supercharger/turbo mods) is good for at least 650 hp (not easy to achieve though, ABT for example will use some sort of fuel cooling system to be able to operate with a higher injection pressure, to improve thermodynamics). With some internal mods probably up to 700 hp but thats it. I cannot say much about the V12 though because I never was interested and never asked around.

I am very curious if the Performante engine parts will be "useable" do modify the regular Huracan and R8.

I know a guy in Germany who uses parts from the new V10 engine to modify and improve power on the "old" V10 in the previous R8 generation. Seems to work pretty well, although there is no street legal certification for that. angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)