Hi all!
Sunday at Monza we had another beautyfull trackday, sun shining, decent temperature and a lot of horses waiting to be unleashed!

I don't know if I've stressed this point enough: BOY THIS THING FLYES!!!

I had a goal for the day of going under 2.14 secs.
As soon as I saw that the part going from La Roggia to the first of the Lesmo curves was still a bit wet I knew it wouldn't happen in these rounds...

I had installed a lap timer so I could keep track of my procedings.

From the first rounds I tried to adopt very clean lines and to be smooth (not my style usually ), but tried to gain a few metres on the braking points and went on the throttle a bit earlier than before.
The RS was behaving very well, with the usual eagerness to turn in, that I would enhance by braking late and staying on the brake even on turn in.This is imho very important to really obtain 110% from a 911 on track, you have to enter even the faster corners when braking very late with a bit of brake still applied, this gets the front to enter even if you are going at a speed you thought too high for that corner, than as you know the tail will try to come around, and that is the balancing act you have to do more with the throttle than with steering inputs.
The RS really drives like an authentic 911, and soon I found myself getting very fast in, and then settled in a mild oversteery motion that wasn't actually a slide.
Then I gave a look at the laptimer, and couldn't believe my eyes, I had performed a best of 2.12.01! I was really impressed (and so was my passenger!).

In the afternoon I met a friend who is a professional race driver and also works as development driver for Pirelli.
I had him try the RS for a couple of laps (he races an RS race car usually) and he was amazed by the turn in and overall feel of the car, he didn't want to go back to the pits!!
I then swapped and drove a couple of laps with him as passenger, even though there was very heavy traffic I was still able to better my time and ended with a scarcely believable 2.11.56 (even my friend was amazed) on a lap during which a Modena had me slow down after the prima variante.

We had so much fun during the whole day, MaxT was also able to better his best time and finished with an impressive 2.14.03 (not bad for a guy used to front engined tail happy sedans... ).
Dario, was also present with his stunning aerokitted beast.

Unfortunately I didn't get the best laps on video, but I was able to film one warm up lap followed by a decent clean one.
Here is the link, enjoy:

www.macio.org/monza/gt3rsmonza.wmv

P.S.
Tomorrow I'm going to install the europipe exhaust/cat system.Can't wait to finally hear it sing...