Cool Fritz - some good response there.
Interesting about the construction of the tank. I knew it was plastic, but didn't know that detail.
How about this - the handling affect that I've noticed (that might be down to tyres, fuel, driver ... ) is most pronounced when....

When driving down a straight road at 80mph, drive like BA Baracus in The A Team () ie, make small but rapid left-right-left movements with the steering wheel. If you get the right frequency, then you get a situation that just as you are steering left, the car is starting to go right... a sort of resonance starts to happen, a bit like the Millennium bridge in London Docklands. (Before they fixed it).

Or, to put it in more real-world terms, if you had to perform a high-speed lane-change manoeuvre, then (on a bad day) I find that I'd have to noticeably counteract the wobble that happened after I'd switched lanes. Damn thing behaves like an SUV!

Might be:
a) Me
b) Tyres
c) PASM
d) Half a tank of fuel.

If (as per the thread title) it is d)... Fritz - what happens if the tank isn't baffled and you have half a tank and you set up a resonant slalom type movement? What sort of frequency of slalom would build a resonance effect?

If anyone would like to reproduce my little experiment and post their findings, then be my guest. Drive like BA people!

Yes, I'm bored!