It's a tough thing to quantify, or explain, but I feel that there's this fine line, this obscure threshold, beyond which a car is so small it adopts a "cuteness" about it that runs counter to my manly-man instincts. A point where serious GT quickly devolves to fun little go-kart.

I admit, I've always had the problem with the Boxster, and it still dogs me with the Cayman. Obviously, you gain in decreasing size by decreasing weight and span of mass. I understand the "serious driver's" aspects of it. It's just an instinctive turn-off I get with cars that are across the line, a little too small, a little to cute-ish, a little to go-kartish. Just as the Lotus Elise must be a BALL to drive (I've never had the opportunity), but I could never imagine myself in one, just as I look a bit funny riding my 4-year-old daughter's Razor electric-powered dirt-bike.

It's perception, packaging. For all I know, the 911 is not significantly longer or "bigger" than a Cayman. It's just the way I soak it in. I'd love to buy a Boxster for my wife someday. But me??? The 911, for me, IS the entry-level Porsche. The other cars just aren't "me", regardless of how lithe and lightfooted they are.

Just some meaningless rambling....Not meant to offend anybody, it's just the way one guy sees cars on the road. I'm sure every local in a Chevy truck around here thinks I'm pretty fruity in my 997.