Hello MMD,

I have the 997+PASM+18in wheels (sr BBS RS-GT)----- after reading the early reports, including Paul Frere, who opined that the 3.6L with standard suspension was his choice. Minimal power losses etc.

Major point ---our prairie roads are not smooth, with ice-heaving, and expenasion-transverse road cracks, that limited me to certain trips where I could REALLY enjoy my NSX for over 7 years. And reviews noted that the 18in on the 3.6 L were really prfereable to the 19in: lighter, more compliant, more steering response.

I also did not want the bi-xenons as I have them on my TL and every second car flashes me, and i do not find any advantage in the prairie driving.

So I put compliance first, considering that the power was going to be great anyway---0.2 for 100kph I can live with.

The 3.6L with PASM is really superbt ---surprisingly even it is a little more brittle/harsh over expansion joints than the NSX was also ---so 19in wheels would be unpleasant.

The BBS RS-GT design, with the spokes going right out to the rim, also make the wheels look larger, so the net effect is really great. And the -10mm lowers the car just emough.

Driving in winter (on a few -20C days is extremely good, as the NSX and other cars with sports supension become really harsh, while the PASM remains 'normal'.

I do what I want and not what others tell me, or follow the crowd ------ the power is great. I am a good 'gears' driver after 7 years with the NSX and if I am one gear lower (more revs) than a 3.8L I can handle him also.

Different choices for different needs ----- circa 33% have chosen the 3.6L ------ so I am category three in your hypothesis!

KiwiCannuck