Quote:
The Mercedes dealers in Australia, reckon that the next generation ML55 will have the SL55 supercharged engine. Is this true or are they trying to lure people away from the Cayenne Turbo?

Thanks.

I can't tell you much about the next generation ML55 AMG, everything would be speculation.
But I can tell you the following which is based on facts:
1. AMG already builds a G55 AMG with the supercharged(!) V8 as a special order car.
2. Mercedes won't let Porsche get away with the most powerful SUV on the market, especially since they practically declared "war" regarding power (the new E55, SL55, CL55 and S55 are the best examples).

Mercedes has much more experience regarding SUVs than Porsche and I'm pretty sure we'll see a very powerful and fast ML55 AMG from Mercedes AMG.
It would be speculation to talk about power but I'm sure that the next ML55 AMG will have at least 470 HP and at least 200 kg less weight than the current Cayenne Turbo. So you figure out how fast this thing will be.

Don't get me wrong: the Cayenne Turbo is a wonderful SUV, I drove it twice and I can highly recommend it.
But it is way too heavy and it shares too many parts with VW.
Not to speak about the design which isn't too much to my personal liking.