I think it makes sense too. I have no doubt that the mid-engine placement is "superior" from an ultimate perforance standpoint.

However, there is something about driving a 911 that causes me to embrace its faults.

I love the feeling of inducing oversteer by late trail-braking into a corner and then catching it before it spins by gradually applying the throttle and power-sliding out of the exit of the corner and onto the straight. It's a blast and I don't care if it's not as fast as a more tidy line with a Cayman - it's just more fun

Some might say that such a technique could be used on a Cayman, but there are two problems with that:

1. The mid-engined placement doesn't give nearly the same margin for error - the tails snaps around much more suddenly when provoked.

2. If used with PSM, the brakes and fuel-cutoff will interrupt all the fun on the exit. If used with PSM off, the limited traction of one-wheel-drive (no LSD) and less weight on the tire(s) won't allow much in the way of forward propulsion.