Quote:
Fanch said:
That's not bad at all actually.

Oh boy, Nick...get ready.

It is actually not a bad time but a very bad time.
The F430 superduper Ferrari with Ceramic brakes is only 1 (one!!!) second faster than the five year old 996 Turbo.
And it gets better: the 996 Turbo achieved the 7:56 time with street tires, the tested F430 had semi-slicks (Pirelli Corsa tires).

And wait, it gets even better: the F430 with ceramic brake weights around 20 kg more than the 997 Carrera S with PCCB.
And guess what, even the Cayman S beats the F430 in the 18 m slalom handling test.

Oh boy, I love that. I have even more:
From 200 kph to 0 (125 mph to 0), the 997 Carrera S with PCCB comes around 8 meters earlier to a stop compared to the F430 with ceramic brakes. 8 meters, almost two car lengths.

Wait, wait...the 997 Carrera S has achieved one of the best wet handling test figures, guess where the F430 stands with semi-slicks.

So what we have here? A beautiful piece of car, almost art. A real chick magnet and probably the most desireable toy for many men around the world. But similar to beautiful women, beauty isn't always everything. What you actually get is the best Ferrari sportscar ever for this kind of money but unfortunately at the same time not the track stud everybody was thinking of.

Don't worry, Nick. I know you knew that before (judging by your confirming posts on the 997 Board). But now guess what happens with the upcoming 997 Turbo... BAD ASS Turbo, dude...oh boy.