Quote:
AeroSmith said:
Now if I read Trundle's graph correctly, PASM is sport mode can give about the same damper force as the stock suspension -no doubt it does this on rough surfaces. In fact at low damper speeds it appears to give an even softer ride than the stock suspension. If folks are driving the stock suspension in England and Canada without problems why wouldn't PASM in sport mode be a viable everyday driving setup? Indeed, many in England rave about the very stiff -20 suspension. PASM in sport mode can be stiffer or softer than that suspension depending on road surface.

As you say, depending on road surface. The road type and quality can vary immensely even within a small place like the UK. I know you feel that permanently being in Sport mode is the way to go, but this would get very tiresome on the roads in Dorset. Here we have to drive on country roads that are narrow (ie not enough room to allow any errors or slides, and you have to be very precise with your steering) twisty, undulating, bumpy, covered with bad repairs, pot holes and slippery drain covers). They are roads that you want to drive enthusiastically, but aren't smooth enough to drive in Sport mode 100% of the time.

I guess the people with stock suspension just don't have a problem because they don't have a choice of Normal or Sport, they don't have a problem because the suspension softens up when it should become firmer. It's not the general behaviour of Sport/Normal we have a problem with, that's fine. It's the behaviour in very specific circumstances in Normal mode.

If you haven't experienced the sort of road conditions we are referring to, then I guess you're lucky.