I have always been interested in the phenomenon of so-called "time capsule cars" - virtually new and undriven cars, kept in storage somewhere for many years (and ultimately of course hitting the market).  Sometimes they are just regular cars with no expectation of any special future value - who knows why the owner decided to keep the car in storage?  Other times the brand or model was special even at the time the car was new, and there might have been an idea to store the car for future sale at much higher price.  Unfortunately I often hear of the sale being though an estate sale (ie. the original owner has died....) so obviously the original plan did not get carried out.  

In any case, here are 2 not so old perhaps, but already classic, sports cars, both coincidentally being listed for $US400,000, and both in Canadian dealers specializing in exotic used cars.  

1.  1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT roadster; 1800 km

TimeCapsules.jpg

2006 Ford GT, 180 miles

TimeCapsules-2.jpg

I'm curious to know if others on RT regularly see such time capsule cars listed - expect in the US many go to auction - or if in EU for example these are still relatively rare beasts.  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S