Quote:
Quote:
Yes,i agree with you 360hp would be nice for the 997 base model,but i think 460-470hp is enough for the turbo.If you think about the good times for the X50 turbo.

Cya,

Wrek.

I had almost 550 HP on my Turbo and it wasn't enough. I don't quite understand.
My E55 outruns (by a very narrow margin, I agree) a 996 Turbo, I'm talking about a 2 ton limousine with a top speed of 188 mph (raised by AMG officially) and enhanced traction through a limited slip differential (also officially installed by AMG). So where's the advantage of the 911 Turbo? On the track? On narrow country roads? The 911 Turbo is the Porsche driving machine, it is somehow a Porsche tradition.
The GT3/GT2 are only limited production numbers cars for special people but the Turbo is the icon of Porsche.
I think 460 HP aren't enough, 500 HP should be minimum. When I think about the upcoming new AMG engine generation (due around 2005) with 4-valves, direct fuel injection and minimum 530-550 HP, I'm not sure if Porsche is doing the right thing. It is not enough to put the Porsche badge on their cars, they need power too. Power sells, especially to people who don't have a clue about cars, so Porsche should really think about it.

Are u talkin to someone else, other then us here???