Quote:
Ron (Houston) said:
Since it's clear that Porsche is driven by marketing forces within the company than anything else; it makes me wonder why they don't offer their products the same way as BMW and MB does. MB has AMG in pretty much every model line so does BMW M model and AUDI their S & RS models.

Why not offering powerful engines for Boxster and Cayman line? We all know 911 line won't be in the danger of losing faithful customers but why not more power for the other lines.

I know people that can afford 911 but opt for a boxster or Cayman but why not make the others more powerful.

I have never seen any AMG owners to say my CLK55 beats E55 or my M3 beats M5 or vise versa.

It would be cool if there were a Porsche-owned "WeissachSport" tuning program, in which, for a premium, P buyers could have performance upgrades on their factory models. Examples could include for the 997TT/TTS, "600HP/600Nm TT-Plus" and "700HP/700Nm TT-Mach Schnell" packages-sure it would be QUITE pricey, but with a modicum of warranty coverage and a disincentive for P owners to aftermarket their cars, I bet QUITE profitable-and lots of fun.