Quote:
SoCalHoosier said:
Sadly Jim... if you read the rest of this board, half of these guys would buy a Yugo if it was rebadged as a 911.

Porsche marketing is aware of this so they continue to insult the longtime sportcar enthusiast. If you were running a company wouldn't you try to maximize profits by offering an inferior engine? Then in a few years they can say... "after much R&D we have come up with this much more powerful version of the 911 legacy." Laughable...

Porsche will only do what they need to to sell vehicles. Those on the board who fail to understand this will just prolong the current mediocre line-up.

I completely agree that Porsche needs to step things up with such fierce competition (those acceleration figures in comparison to the ZO6 are ridiculous).
You make an interesting point when you say that 'they continue to insult the longtime sportscar enthusiast.' Absolutely. It seems to me that most Porsche's customers today are no longer hardcore sportscar fans.

I must disagree with your point that Porsche's lineup is mediocre though. Porsches are still among the best balanced and fun to drive cars IMO.