I have bought new Porsches for 20 years , a new one every few years and after I sold me 996TT decided to wait for the 997TT . My neighbor just got a new 430 he like me has always had Porsches but when he traded in his 996TT for the 430 he said he never looked back . I have driven his new 430F1 several times and it is just incredible , I have never had anything close to the driving experience of that car . I know another person who went from a 360 spider to a 430 spider and he said the difference in the 2 cars is remarkable and this is a real breakthrough for Ferrari from performance to build quality . In the time I have been waiting for the 997TT I have tried to get a 430 but the over MSRP thing is just to much . If the car was MSRP I would not think twice about it , I am in Miami and the Spider is a perfect car for this part of the country .
The dealers and brokers here in Miami tell me there are many long time Porsche buyers who are switching to Ferrari's now becuase of the 430 . Driving the car is really different from the Porsche I remember people telling me that but it did not really sink in till I drove it . RC have you driven the 430 ? Again I hear in europe people do not need to pay over sticker for the car and can have it in a few months , that is amazing . I am sure this car has put more than a little pressure for Porsche to really make sure the 997TT is one hell of a new reincarnation from the old 996TT and I hope it is as the wait for the 430 over here is ridicules .