Carlos from Spain:
MKSGR:
kingjr9000:

From C&D 

If there’s one thing that’s not in short supply at AMG, it’s confidence. Tobias Moers, Mercedes-AMG’s chairman and CEO, told us in no uncertain terms to compare the latest version of the brand’s sports car, the GT R, against the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. “Our car is faster,” he said. And when we asked where, the reply was as abrupt as it was unequivocal: “Everywhere.”

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2018-mercedes-amg-gt-r-first-drive-review

What he meant was: the prototype on prototype tires is fast - let's wait for the car they finally sell to customers Smiley

And the GT3RS with equal HP would leave even the AMG "prototype" in the dust... everywereSmiley...When the similarly powered GT2RS comes out ask the AMG again and watch his confidence go out the window. Don't see why they can compare such cars in that sense, AMG never built GT3RS type cars, they are in another niche.
--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

GT3RS is in the same price league - that´s why he compares it (I suppose).

Comparing it with the GT2RS is certainly possible but you will have to pay a Boxter S more, these are different price segments. 

Comparing these cars doesn´t make sense for me. I think that they approach to different user groups. You see it here, long year Porsche drivers are doubting anything from this cars - they will not buy this car. Non-Porsche drivers on the other hand try to justify every statement provided by MB - some of them may buy it.

The future owners will be happy regardless of how many horses this car has and what special tire they have used to achieve the NBR time. They will tell everyone that they car was faster on NBR then 918 spyder regardless of all other facts or non-facts. 

Happy wife - happy life. 

--

AM