Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
nberry said:
Ferrari claims that a non-professional can come within one second of what a factory driver can do around Fiorno. Aids are great. How many of you golfers would play golf with 1940 clubs and balls?

What is the definition of a non-professional driver?
I don't consider myself to be a second Schumacher and I doubt I would come even near to Horst v. Saurmas track times but I still think I'm an experienced driver. Since I now consider myself a non-professional driver, I don't think that a person like me achieving a track time close to a second of the test driver time, would really mean that EVERY non-professional driver could do the same.

I think car companies (and I don't exclude Porsche or others) should try to be a little bit more honest with their customers. Advertisement is good but claims like this don't really make the roads safer. Imagine a 20-year old "non-professional" driver who just got a F430 as a gift from daddy trying to take Ferrari's claim seriously. Driving aids may help a lot but they can't beat physics.

This much I do know. It is a lot easier to drive a Ferrari fast compared to a Porsche.

Btw, Jeremy mentioned the one second difference and an article written on the 430 (I believe in one of the British car magazines) also quoted the one second difference.