Quote:
nberry said:
Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
The Hawk said:
http://1320drag.com/online/showthread.php?p=1908

This is BS. Look at the numbers published, they used the numbers they found on the internet and in various publications (incl. web forums) to their liking.
They use the OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED test figure of the 997 Carrera S (8:05, driven by Sport Auto editor-in-chief Horst v. Saurma) and then some weird numbers taken from various sources, especially regarding specific cars.

The BMW M5 (E60) has been tested by Sport Auto and with the same driver Horst v. Saurma at 8:13. Period. All other test results are BS because they were never confirmed by independent sources. During the M5 test, BMW employees were with Sport Auto at the location, so the test results are valid. Same for the 997 Carrera S.

But funny enough, owners and fans always want to believe want they WANT to believe. And the internet and especially internet forums and blogs provide a lot of false or "half" bread information to support these desires. Look at our Cayman forum and you'll understand. This is human nature and good marketing.

Let us assume that the numbers are inaccurate. Would they be off 10sec or 20sec? And if so, does that not put the M5 a sedan performance on par with the 997S?

Do not underestimate the M5 because Autocar magazine found that the 430 could not surpass the M5 in performance.

If NBR numbers are important then the Z06 is the way to go. Carlos, RC I am may be able to get you a discount on a Z06.

Nick, from what I remember Autocar's testing consisted of two blokes tossing cars around a country road, with no real scientific data and who knows how much actual experience with sports cars. That, to me, isn't reliable testing.