Quote:
vinnie said:
Quote:
nberry said:
I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunately, you posted on a forum where the justification to buy a Porsche is performance. Why else would someone buy one?

Certainly not for looks or character
Porsche is an introverts car and Ferrari is an extroverts car. I noticed that a lot of Porsche lovers find it very important to justify why they love the car so much. Just be like Ferrari owners and enjoy the cars. That's what they are for. I find all the Porsche vs Ferrari forums very amusing

Porsches look amazing to me. Some people talk about how the design has remained basically unchanged for over 40 years and how Porsche designers must have the easiest job in the world, but just look at the 997. It looks very modern, but it's instantly recognizable as a 911.
Drive a Porsche on a twisty back-road, and its character will instantly shine through.

I've heard a lot of Ferrari owners justifying their purchases too, but the reason always seems to be the same three words, "It's a Ferrari!" What more needs to be said?

I completely agree that we should all be out enjoying beautiful cars and that Porsche vs. Ferrari threads are amusing, as long as everyone stays respectful.