RC:
Porker:
Hardly a surprise that you wouldn't understand that result... The R8 is quicker 0-60 and has 4WD, how can it end up lower in rank than the slower 2WD car?? Smiley

Driving is about more than power and numbers, at least to some people...

You clearly haven't followed my R8 thread. Smiley

The GTi Clubsport S is a hardcore Golf version, nothing more and nothing less. No front drive car can be real fun, not even the fastest one on the Nordschleife. My Mini JCW is the worst small powerful car I ever drove, traction is horrible and the chassis setup is also pretty bad for such a car. Just an example...

If you are talking emotions, the R8 is certainly one of the most emotional cars on the market. Drive one, you'll understand but take your time to try all available driving modes to appreciate the car.

I suspect that the EVO team selected based on their own car background (just look at what most car journalists drive home and you'd be surprised...), personal preferences, price tags (and their own pockets) and job experiences.

The 570S makes sense, the NSX makes sense, the M2 makes sense (but not in the last place) but the GTi Clubsport S is not even close to a sports car, it is a glorified Golf GTi which has been supped up by VW Motorsport to achieve the fastest time possible on the Nordschleife. So if car journalists would look for the most affordable track toy, the Golf would make sense but this wasn't really the purpose of that comparison, was it?!

Putting the Golf ahead of the M2 is just a joke. The M2 is a wonderful car, even if I personally would prefer the Audi RS3 or TT RS.

This is all I was saying. If you think that a Golf GTi is more emotional than a R8 V10 Plus, well...you must have weird emotions. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I'm sorry, but what utter nonsense is that? I know what I'm looking for in a car can be found in either an RWD or an FWD, being great damping, fluidity, communication, ... 

I know you don't get that kind of enjoyment, you're more about acceleration, sound, grip, the newest,  ...

I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong, just saying EVO Mag is not made for readers like you, as you don't get their point. The thrill of driving can be found all across the range of drivers cars, be it a €20k hatch, or a €300k supercar. I'd say drive a Megane R26.R and try to understand... I'll drive an R8 Plus!

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad