KresoF1:
kingjr9000:
KresoF1:

1.08,2min on P Zero N1s is kind of slow?😕

Well, it is fantastic time.

570S 1.08,8min Corsas

R8 V10 Plus 1.09,00min Cup2

991.2 Turbo S 1.08,5min P Zero N1

So, even CG was able to beat its previous best. This time in humble 991.2 Turbo. Which, btw, had only 530ps measured power... Even 488 GTB on standard tires is not that fast on Hockenheim.

Maybe Porsche provided very healthy press car? 😉

Hmm, maybe I'm just spoiled.  But, the 488 did two separate times, both it seems by SA. One was 1:08.3, the other was 1:07.  Can kinda see how the base turbo could be faster than the turbo S, especially if the turbo S had a heavier spec than the base turbo, and the base turbo had a good engine to compensate.

Did you actually read that tests in Sport Auto(in German)?

If so, you would not post comment like you did.

488 was tested first with normal Michelin SS and in Supertest with Cup2s.

Also 991.2 Turbo had engine power measured by Sport Auto and achieved almost 530PS. So, below official spec. 

Here is the info about how much faster is 991.2 Turbo S then normal Turbo. Marginally, in best case scenario. This is the reason why CG was faster in that Miami Blue Turbo on Hockenheim then in Lava Orange Turbo S.

First, there is a dyno detecting software. I do not say that Porsche uses such a software routine in their ECU but from a programming point of view, it is possible and I think that VW has, unfortunately, proven it very well. Smiley

Second, there were several reviews where the 991.2 Turbo (not S) achieved 0-200 kph under 10 seconds (9.6 and 9.7 seconds). The one review Sport Auto posted, the 991.2 Turbo achieved 10.6 seconds. One second slower. Pretty weird if you ask me. 

I do not say car manufacturers cheat (always Smiley) but we all need to be open minded and also take in consideration that for car manufacturers, these reviews are vital for the success of their cars, believe it or not. We are talking serious money here, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)