Quote:
C4S Co-Driver said:
I realize I sound like a huge Corvette fan but that's not the case. I just applaud them on their extensive weight reduction plan.

The question is, what have they sacrificed to get there?

Is the car as safe as a Turbo?

What about heat shielding and NVH?

Can you drive it every day, take your girlfriend (or wife) out in it (without endless complaints), bring the kids to school with it (etc.)

Considerations which I doubt the Z06 team even thought about, but I'm sure a lot Porsche guys do think about.

Want something more hardcore? The GT2/GT3 will fill the niche. How many of them do they sell?

Myself, having extensive experience with the Lotus Elise (not to mention the Exige) I can say they are a wonderful car to drive, but I'd hate to have an accident in one and ultimately, they don't perform better than a Boxster S - so what's the point? The light-weight and "feelsome" crowd have a lot of options these days other than Porsche.

When was the last car that Porsche produced truely "light weight" like a Lotus? ... Maybe they never made one.

In think the Turbo is going to be the "Ronnie Coleman" of sports cars - the big nasty and will still be able to take them all on.