In your case, it probably *was* the guy not knowing which button to push.

What we've been talking about is the poorly designed key. If you leave the key chain in your pocket, in my case most typically tighter front pocket jeans, the OTHER keys in the key chain tends to push that front hood button and opens the hood. For example, this happens when I am washing my car and leaning against the car to wipe the middle of the rooftop.

Like RC said, it IS a design flaw. At least partly because enough people have complained about it. The front hood button is the most protruding/prominent part of the key and therefore is the easiest one to be activated accidentally. I hope Porsche's key engineer is reading rennteam.com.

By putting velcro around the "ridge" of that button, the button cannot now be pushed unless you *really* want to. I used Velcro because it is thick and it has a very strong adhesive back. (The loop, not the hook, or you are going to have all sorts of junks on your key.)
Quote:
mish said:
What's the deal with this issue guys? When I got the C4s back from the Valet last week - I noticed the hood was open. I thought the guy didn't know how to open the car - so he pressed all the buttons!

What's the story!?