Gents I found this on the BMW forum, the M5 owner sounds really nice and fair, although I think the 997S will have no problem taking the old M5

Ran into a friend with a 997 S while at a local drug store. He offered to let me drive his P-car so of course I jumped at the chance. I let him drive my M5 and we took them out on a 55 mph 4 laner for a little spin. Now I don't know if he knows how to drive and I am not a driving school veteran but I did have him hit the sport and dsc on the M5. The bottom line is that starting at approx. a 15 mph role, the porsche slightly pulled on the M5. We went up to about 100 mph. Certainly not a scientific test but this was the first time anycar has ever pulled on my M5. If I were driving my car maybe a slightly different story but I don't know for sure. I know I shifted at the correct times with the Porsche. Although the 997 was very nice, I did not walk away feeling that I wished I had one. The M5 is much more refined and I guess I have gotten used to that. I am a daily lurker on this board and appreciate all the great mods and stories. If anyone with or has driven a 997 S, please let me know your thoughts.