Quote:
kkeating said:
I just test drove the 06 C4S coupe this afternoon and compared it to my 997S...I went from an 04 996 C4S to the 997S so I was interested in seeing the differences. In person, the wider rear was nice but subtle and I really had to look to notice it. I went on a short, 20 minute test drive, respecting the break-in so I can't comment fully on performance. It was noticeably less "peppy" than my C2S; even with the sport on and considering I have 6k miles and this was new, it just didn't have the spunk that mine does. The steering was a little heavier, difinitely noticeable but not as much as the 996 C4S. I didn't get to race around any corners so I can't comment on oversteer. It felt very confident, a little smoother and more luxurious or GT than the RWD only; would inspire more confidence in inclement weather but I enjoyed the drive back more in my 997S. I would pay extra for the wider body on a C2S, like the late model 993 C2S's and I really wish they had an X51 to test drive.

This was exactly the difference I felt between driving the 997 C2S and the 996 C4 (with which I spent a significant amount of time back in the day). This is why I decided I liked the C2S better, but was curious as to whether the new C4S had "fixed" the steering heaviness and overall "GT" feel.