Quote:
Quote:
An amazing combo don't you think? One that can outrun a GT2? And every Ferrari bar the Enzo?

On the straight line? Maybe. Top Speed. Yes.
But when it comes to turns and curves, even a Boxster S feels sportier than any AMG model out there. Sad but true.

There have been a lot of speculations recently why Ulrich Bruhnke (Ex-AMG Boss) left AMG. One rumor indicates that Mr. Bruhnke wasn't happy with the base products he got from Mercedes (weight, setup, etc.) and that he asked to be much more involved from the beginning in Mercedes development.
The rumor also indicates that Mr. Bruhnke asked for more independence for AMG, to build more sportier models with specific setups.

I don't know if these speculations have some truth in them but Mercedes should definetely overthink their AMG strategy for the future. The new CL 65 AMG is a good example that power isn't everything: 13.1 seconds from 0-200 kph for a 612 HP car? This is way too long. Weight is essential on future car products and if Mercedes doesn't want to end up like Volkswagen with their "joke" Phaeton, they should really put their things together and start reducing weight.
More power + lower weight = best combo.

Mr. Bruhnkes change to the BMW M Company could put AMG into serious trouble. I know that he's not allowed to talk about future AMG products (even if he doesn't work for them anymore) and technical details but his knowledge could influence M Company product development very very much. And I don't think in favor of Mercedes...

That said, Mercedes has to give more freedom to AMG to allow them to show what they're up to and what fine products they're able to produce.
A CLK 55 Kompressor AMG would be a good start.

"Even a Boxster S"
You could take out the "even"

J.Seven